Final changes to the conference program: https://ishpssb2019.tekniskmuseum.no/program/detailed-program
Public Transport Updates
How to get to Norsk Teknisk Museum for the welcome reception:
- The easiest way is to take the train to “Kjelsås stasjon” from Oslo S (Oslo Central Station). The ride takes only 13 minutes and your tickets for Oslo (zone 1, which is what you need for all areas except for the airport) are valid for the train.
- For those staying at Anker Hotel, bus 54 from “Møllerveien” stop will also take you to the museum in 20 minutes. You can also take trams 11 and 12, but it is more complicated because of construction work.
How to get to Blindern campus:
- The easiest way is to take the metro (T-bane) from anywhere in central Oslo to “Blindern”. It is a 10-minute ride.
- For those staying at Anker Hotel, we recommend taking tram 17 from “Heimdalsgata” stop (only a couple of minutes away from the hotel entrance but you have to walk to the opposite direction from the center because of construction work at the stop right after the hotel). You get off after 22 minutes at “Universitetet Blindern”.
How to get to the University Aula:
- The easiest way is to take the metro from “Blindern” campus to “Nationaltheatret” (National Theater) stop. It’s a 6-minute ride and then a few minutes walk to the Aula.
Remember that you need to have a pre-purchased ticket for the bus, metro and tram. Consult https://ruter.no/en/, the public transport provider, for all your trips and how to buy a ticket. Scroll down at the conference website for travel information in downtown Oslo https://ishpssb2019.tekniskmuseum.no/planning/travel-information and see the program booklet for simple maps of the venues.